Impossible. This business is based on connections, experience and networking. People have to know who you are and most important: trust you.
They have to trust that you will:
- Show up
- Be professional in the studio
- Take direction perfectly
- Change character voices on a dime (in case they want to try a new voice)
- Be available almost at an instant’s notice
- Be courteous and respectful
- Not ask amateur questions
- Know your way around a microphone
- Understand the VO recording process
- Know what ADR is
- Know what Pre-Lay is
- etc etc….
In short: impossible (as long as you’re dealing with professional network TV and Film clients. If it’s just for your friends then go for it! Have fun!)